Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

waiting

I can hardly believe it's been over a month since I posted anything!  But then again, I can.  The proof is right here.  Though I was trying to keep up this goal, I was swept away once more by my Master's practicum - the final step for completing my degree.  I am proud to say that my defense - my presentation about the project - is scheduled for August.  So I am almost finished!

So what was I up to?  Well, I had to finish my report that wound up being around 117 pages.  And now I am coloring in all the drawings that are part of the deliverables for the project.  More on that on another post.  There are a total of 43 drawings that were part of the deliverables but over 70 were drawn so I have plenty of work ahead of me even after the practicum-related stuff is finished as I want to finish them all eventually and perhaps make other art from them such as a scarf.

In the meantime, here is a little free form poem...

overwhelming feelings
taking over my existence
feelings of excitement, woe, and joy
not knowing what the future will bring

trying hard to keep it together, to keep it in
hoping that good news will soon come
feeling it in the pit of my stomach
knowing something good will eventually arrive
but, for now, I must wait


No comments:

Post a Comment